Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Knees in the ribcage :)

So I should be finishing up on organizing and putting away all of our gifts, but I'm feeling a little unmotivated at the moment... one reason being this David Tutera marathon on WEtv.


We had a good Christmas, super busy and overwhelming, but very good. We had a Christmas on the 23rd, four on the 24th, and two on the 25th. By Christmas morning I was totally overwhelmed and had a little meltdown before we left the house. I just couldn't handle any more at that point, so unfortunately I missed one on the 26th.

The stress of the holidays on top of being very pregnant although extremely exhausting (and hoping I never have to go through it again), was also exciting in that this was the last Christmas we will be a couple instead of a family. We’re so ready to have the holiday become fun and magical again. It’s crazy to think that this year she wasn’t here and next year she will be around 10 months old! The next time these mostly old and handed down decorations are put up will become something new and eventful.

Her room is starting to look more and more like a nursery! We now have the crib! Although there are plenty of things I have to add or finish before she gets here, some major stuff is now done. We got the crib on Christmas Eve (an early baby shower gift from Brett's parents) and the boys brought it in, took it upstairs, and put it all together in a matter of like 15 minutes!






Brett's younger brother Cole is super, and I mean SUPER allergic to cats. Not sure who came up with this idea that day but it actually worked! We're so glad we found a way he can visit!

It was very exciting and a huge relief to have the last, and most important, piece of furniture set up and in it's place. We still need all the furniture accessories you register for (crib sheets, matress pad cover, changing pad etc.) and make some decisions on bedding, but at least I feel a little more prepared and closer to the point of feeling ready to go and just relaxing, waiting for her arrival. Can't wait to be at that point. Can't wait until we have a little girl to wrap up in these blankets and put these cute tiny outfits on.






The gorgeous mobile that Uncle Cole got for her!


Hadley still needs a middle name! And we are having a little trouble deciding. I like Jane but we haven’t completely settled on it. I need some ideas. I don’t want a “filler” middle name... like one of those middle names that 7 out of 10 women have (Marie, Sue, Lynn etc.) but I don’t want something that overpowers Hadley either. Grace is pretty but I just think it’s becoming new generation “filler” too. I know I definitely don’t want Dawn, Lee (obviously) or Rae, but any other suggestions are welcome... and needed!


Ok, now back to this Christmas mess...

No comments:

Post a Comment