Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving was great, aside from the initial stress. To make a long story short, due to ill-timed planning and terrible communication, Brett & I went to different places... although it was totally unnecessary. But ANYWAY, I had a nice time. I was able to make it to three Thanksgivings and there are awful pictures to prove it (see below)!

I feel like there is some disconnect between my brain and my body. It seems that when I look in the mirror I feel like I don’t look THAT big or THAT horrible, but then I see photos and I look HUGE and disgusting and my face looks puffy. Maybe this is the way everyone feels while they’re in that last trimester (yes I am now in my last tri!) but I really wish I didn’t have to go through the holiday season like this. Dodging cameras is not going to be an easy task.

The night before Thanksgiving while I was trying to fall asleep alone, I sent Brett a text about how much I was reaaaally liking a certain name. When I woke up the next morning he had shot me a text back about how much he liked it too. Honestly, there was a moment or two of disbelief on my end, figuring maybe he just said that because he knew how upset I was with him over the fact that we were spending a holiday apart for the FIRST time ever, and to top it off, the first holiday we are ENGAGED and most notably, PREGNANT, so I sent a few “OMG really?” texts to try to decipher his intention. Surprisingly, he was serious and responded about how now all we need is a middle name.  And that was it! OUR BABY HAS A NAME… Hadley. And we decided via text. Haha. 

UM, I JUST FELT A FOOT. Like seriously... a foot!! Pretty cool but also a little weird!

Ok, gross nasty picture time… go.


Me & my aunt Lezlie who is expecting late January. I'm hoping it's a boy!

Me & Brett at his parents' house.


My dad & me. He really dressed up for the occasion. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment